It was concluded that although the specification for each building was similar, there were a number of local problems to be overcome. IKM’s Project Management Team led by Rob Fisher and backed up by a dedicated support staff, arranged for external connectivity to be provided by an ADSL connection to each building and, following an extensive wireless capability survey to correctly identify the best position for each Access Point, IKM’s engineering team were then brought in to undertake the structured cabling installation.
This project included the installation and configuration of both the router and all allocated Access Points within each building, with full testing, commissioning and client handover. IKM have now successfully delivered ISP services to 15 sites.
In completing this project IKM have provided the following: –
- Each apartment with a Structured Data cabling system with the capability of deploying up to 4 voice connections into a BT Broadband service. Up to 8 x Category 6 outlets located within habitable rooms.
- Installed a backbone infrastructure to enable incoming Broadband services to be distributed throughout the entire building.
- Provided an Integrated Reception System to offer Terrestrial & Sky HD+ signals throughout the building using a Single Mode Fibre Optic backbone linking to a Satellite Roof Array. Provision of
- Terrestrial, FM/DAB & SKY + HD and SKY Q to all apartments from day one.
- A CCTV Security scheme deployed within the block. The system installed acted as a standalone network for the purposes of Concierge use but was also integrated into the site-wide campus security system controlled within the Estate Management offices.
- A fully networked Urmet Video & Audio Door Entry system integrated to provide each apartment with a colour door entry wall phone as well a Vandal Proof Video panel at each entrance and underground car park positions.